Tammy & Jane are very approachable & always make time to speak to parents.
This is a gem of a nursery, my little boy loved his time at smiley stars. I had the reassurance every time that dropped him off that he was cared for like he was their own child . My sons development came on leaps and bounds and prior to commencing school , knew key numbers and word identification. It really is a home from home.
I just wanted to provide some feedback and to say a massive thank you regarding what Charlie has learned in the nursery recently, in particular, in terms of his writing skills I was writing Charlie's letter to Santa the other day and was absolutely astonished and delighted to see how much he could do on his own! I actually couldn’t believe he done this all by himself. I have attached a picture of his letter for your perusal.
You will see from the picture that Charlie has made a fantastic effort in writing this (all on his own I might add). He was given no help whatsoever to write the letter apart from me stating which letter should be used to spell out each word. He used his own co-ordination and pen skills to write this and was given no support to write any of the letters/words. I know that this is completely down to the great work your staff are doing with the children and the skills you are providing him with throughout his time at nursery. I really appreciate that you are providing my son with these essential skills for life, as I see this as the most important time for him, taking into account he will be starting school next year. I have 2 other children and I can categorically confirm that none of them were equipped with similar skills before starting school, yes they may have been able to write their names however not to the extent Charlie has shown.
I cannot say enough good things about the nursery and the way things are run and for the skills you are providing my son with. I hope that you will continue the great work you are doing with the children.
Thank you so much
A very appreciative mother
One of our parents has forwarded a comment to: Education Services (firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com) about our services
From: Miss M. MacPhee
Venue/Service: Smiley Stars Nursery, 38 Ibrox Terrace, G51 My daughter has attended this nursery for just over a year and a half and I have to say the service we have received has been exceptional.
Heather started this nursery when she was 9 months and settled quite quickly. She loves all of the staff members and like every child had her favourites, who were called Louise and Jade. She also loved Jane and Sima and when ever she spoke of the other children it was always with great affection.
We have never heard Heather speak in a negative way in regards to any person or child.
All of the staff members have been friendly and professional and most importantly have shown and given my daughter, Heather, a lot of love and affection over the time that she has been there.
The owner Tammy has always been most helpful from when we started, to when I sadly had to make the difficult decision of moving Heather to a nursery in Paisley, due to the fact we moved into Paisley from Govan.
As a family we can not praise this nursery enough and we will miss them all terribly.
Glasgow - Proud host city of the 2014 Commonwealth Games
- Changes to the premises have made what was a good space – a great space, particularly the changes to the front garden – Brilliant.
- Thank you for the quality of your care. Management & Staff seems to work really well together. Staff at Smiley Stars are second to none in terms of caring for the children. The kids also love the cooking and eat well here.
- I know you were looking for comments on improvement etc. but we honestly can’t think of any. Fantastic nursery.
- Both myself and Steve agree that Smiley Stars is an amazing nursery. I was worried about leaving Lewis when I had to go back to work but everyone helped ease my concerns & I had to go back to work but everyone helped ease my concerns & I have no doubt he is well looked after.
- This is my second child who has attended this nursery & the staff are really approachable & friendly, hence the reason we have returned.
- The team always seems enthusiastic & encouraging about their roles.
- Although my son has only been here for 5 months, I feel comfortable leaving him with all the staff. He seems to be happy around everyone & all of his needs are met.
- Harris absolutely loves nursery, which to me speaks volumes for the place
- I am extremely happy with the service I receive from the nursery. I have no complaints/issues with the staff or activities.
- Vivien is very happy here –we notice how much she enjoys nursery + how much she has developed while being here.
- A wonderful start to life for the wee man –everyday he is very happy when we arrive to the nursery, and that is what we as parents love about the Smiley Stars
- My child is happy at nursery & enjoys the activities.
- There is a constant flow of communication about Elizabeth. We feel very involved in all areas.
Just a wee note to say thanks again for being so flexible with Lily, and I really appreciate the time you’re taking to help develop her. I’ve spoken to Jade about the kind of things we’re doing with Lily to help bring her on further and am delighted you’re happy to take these on board too. I’m so pleased to have found Smiley
Stars – it’s a gem of a nursery which I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending to anyone who is looking for somewhere loving and trustworthy to send their children.
I am delighted with the care my son Nathan has received at smiley stars Nursery. Going back to work after maternity leave was made much easier knowing he was cared for by excellent staff who he has developed a deep attachment too. The staff have been attentive, affectionate and child focused . Nathan has enjoyed the variety of daily activities and the lovely home cooking! He has came on leaps and bounds and is a happy, confident and settled boy. Thanks to smiley stars!
I'm delighted with the care my children receive at Smiley Stars Nursery. Tamara has owned the business for 6 months and she has provided great leadership and direction in this short time. Tamara started to make improvements as soon as she took over the business, viewing windows, new flooring, new blinds, and a lick of paint to name a few. Tamara is genuinely interested in creating the best possible environment for the children in her care - and smiley stars is like a home away from home for my children. This gives me great piece of mind."
Thank you very much for your great help and care for my daughter. My daughter loves your nursery"
Thank you so much, my daughter has grown in confidence and I am delighted with the service you provide."
Choosing my daughter's nursery was a difficult decision and I'm really pleased that we chose Smiley Stars. I can go to work knowing that she's happy and settled. She has really grown in confidence and the variety of activities she does is fantastic. It's also great that i can leave my car here and jump on the subway to get into town!"